We use two seperate systems to track the number of visitors to a website.
- AWSTATS (Built into the server directly)
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS (linked system from Google)
By using both website tracking systems you can get a fuller picture of what your visitors are doing on your website. You can see which areas of your website need improvement etc.
The AWSTATS system is built into the server and can be accessed directly from within our Content Management System. This system updates automatically every 24 hours. It shows the following Information:
- Number of visits, and number of unique visitors,
- Visits duration and last visits,
- Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
- Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
- Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
- Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages,
- Files type,
- Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
- OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected),
- Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
- Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
- Worms attacks (5 worm's families),
- Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...),
- HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...),
- Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
- Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks".
- Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
- Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
- Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio.
This system is a simple easy to use system and is presented to the user in an easy to use report.
The other system we use is GOOGLE ANALYTICS. This system is very advanced and is provided free of charge from Google. We install the tracking codes when developing your website and if you want to have daily, weekly, monthly, yearly reports emailed to you we can schedule these direcly from Google.
For More information about Google Adwords please click here.