Setting up email in Outlook Express
To receive your emails in Outlook Express follow these steps in setting them up.
- Open up Outlook Express (click start, then programs and Outlook Express will be on the list)
- if you have never used it before then it will immediately go into SETUP mode where it will ask you for your email address etc. (skip to step 4)
- If you have used Outlook Express before and it goes straight into it then you must click on the tools menu at the top of the screen when the menu appears click on accounts, when the accounts window opens up you will see a button on the right-hand side of it called add click on this button and you will be given three options one being mail click this and the setup program will begin.
- You will be asked for your name first, then click next you will be then asked for your email address this will be supplied to you by Cork Web Design
- Then click next you will see a box saying POP3 and two blank options below for incoming and outgoing servers leave the POP3 alone and insert your incoming and outgoing servers. These will be supplied to you by Cork Web Design.
- then click next you will be asked then for your account name and password
- Then click next and then click finish. the Setup program will disappear leaving the accounts window open.
- Click Once on the new item which is in the open white space and click on properties on the right
- On the new window that appears there will be 5 tabs at the top of it. Click on "Servers" then at the bottom select "My server requires authentication" and then click on The "Settings" button.
- On the settings window that appears click on "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- All you have to do now is press "OK" and when the previous window appears click "Apply" and "OK".
- Connect to the internet and when you want to check your emails you press the Send/Recv button which is at the top of the screen this sends any pending emails to be sent and receives any new ones.
sales and support